Health is the blessing of God and we don’t consider it a blessing until we become sick. Sickness is of different types and many of us are unaware of it.
We just consider apparent disease as a disease. Other diseases like headaches, body pain, mental health issues, depression, anxiety, etc are not considered diseases or problems by the majority of us.
This is the reason, A patient has to suffer a lot because he has to fight two wars.
- One war with disease and another
- War with the people’s behavior and sick mindset.
Here’s a complete guide to the most underestimated disorder which is mental illness.
What Is Mental Health?
Mental health is health that is directly related to our emotional, Psychological, and social well-being.
Mental well-being plays an important role in our life. It determines how we’ll react to specific situations of sorrow, traumas, and critical situations. It affects our decisions and helps us to make choices.
Mental health is the most neglected issue. The person who suffers from it may feel so helpless that he can take his life also.
It’s a serious issue but it can be solved timely if you know the symptoms of emerging health issues.
Recommended: Health Benefits | 10 Best Tips, Exercises, Foods, & Drinks
Symptoms Of Mental Illness
The symptoms of mental illness may vary from person to person.
But here’s the list of symptoms, if you find any of the below symptoms in yourself or in your family member you must be careful.
- Feeling helpless or hopeless
- Feeling numb or empty
- Thinking of physically hurting yourself or others
- Hearing unknown voices
- Believing in false things
- Severe mood swings that affect relationships
- Fighting or arguing without any reason
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Eating a lot or too little
- Feeling most of the time, confused, scared, on edge, angry, upset, or worried.
- Feeling unexplainable pains and aches
- Feeling low or zero energy
- Suddenly becoming introvert
Causes Of Mental Health Issues
There are certain factors of mental health issues:
- Biological factor-like inherited disease or brain chemistry
- Life experiences such as tragedies in one’s life
Recommended: Anemia Home Test – Best Describe in Subtleties
Effects Of Mental Health Issues
There are drastic effects of mental health issues.
- The patient can harm himself or become a life threat to others too.
- His relationship can be badly affected due to his mood swings and behavior
- He may directly affect others’ health because it’s natural
- Mental health issues may negatively affect a patient’s physical health, thinking, and social and private activities.
- It may lead to negative effects on personal as well as professional life.
And the list goes on.
It’s crucial to know how to get rid of mental illness permanently.
How To Get Rid Of Mental Illness?
The solutions may vary from person to person depending upon the causes.
The first thing that we should do is to know the root cause of mental illness. We have to identify the problem then we move forward to the next steps.
Recommended: Flat Head Syndrome Adults | Comprehensive Guide
The next steps can be:
- Talk with the patient in a friendly way so that he can express his feelings/thoughts to you.
- Then encourage him to the right actions.
- Sweetly guiding him about things that were not right.
- Regular Morning or evening walks with light conversation can bring positive results.
- Changing place can divert the mind too
- Changing activities can change the mood
- Spending time with kids also helps the patient to get recover.
- Participating in outdoor games will give mental and physical energy.
- Reading books also help to think positive
- Practicing your religion may also be helpful.
To conclude, Family and friends can play a vital role in the patient’s quick recovery. Be humble with the patient.
It may be sometimes irritating or exhausting but one should know that the patient is patient and he needs our love, care, and attention.
Leave a Reply